Mesa Plays supporters include a broad diversity of organizations and individuals. Support this important economic driver today by adding your name to the list or click on Vote for Us and vote for the Sports Complex at Imagine Mesa!
“I believe the proposed multipurpose sports complex represents an amazing opportunity for the City to become one of the very elite youth/amateur sports destinations in the United States. This is a major quality of life enhancement for Mesa, and as a traditional soccer and futsal coach here in Mesa, I’m thrilled at the prospect of more fields and recreational space being available for our use; we are desperate for more of this product!” – Jimmy Deutsch, Mesa Resident and Coach
About Mesa Plays
Mesa Plays will be a 24 field, multi-purpose sports complex which includes a 110,000-square-foot indoor field house and numerous fields for resident use. The location will be the vacant land adjacent to Red Mountain Multigenerational Center located in east Mesa.
According to Elliott D. Pollack & Company, leaders in economic analysis, this new development would generate significant benefits to the City of Mesa during every stage – from construction, daily operations and the anticipated future spending of visitors attending tournaments year-round. The complex will generate new economic activity like hotels and restaurants that will provide new tax revenue and jobs for all Mesa residents.
- Job Generator
- Meeting & Event Center
- Projected 504,300 new visitors per year
- New Tax Revenue Generator; creates new resources for city services
- Community Builder; creates community, improves quality of life for all
- Sports Fields for Mesa Families; provides a new place to play closer to home
- Business Developer; a catalyst for other economic development projects
- Brand Elevator; destination for the entire City / Region